Tomchi Rice Khichdi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4782 times
It is a tasty and an easy to make evening snack or breakfast food.
- Wash, drain and dry roast rice and tuvar dal. then powder both together to a coarse suji consistency.
- Pour oil in a kadai and season with asofoetida, red chilly, curry leaves,urad and mustard.
- Add green peas and saute for 2 minutes.
- Then add the dal - rice mixture and fry for two more minutes.
- Then add tomato puree and grated coconut and switch off stove.
- empty contents into a cooker vessel and add salt and 2 cups water.
- then pressure cook for 15 mi
This recipe was contributed by Ranganayaki on 10 Jun 2005I teach English. Have written 2 recipe books, which are yet to be published. Most of these recipes a...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.