Tomatoes and Mozzarella Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6898 times
A delicately flavoured salad which could also double up as a substantial meal. If buffalo mozzarella is difficult to find, you can substitute with feta cheese, which is a slightly salty fresh cheese if greek origin. Traditionally, pinenuts are used in pesto-but cashews or pistachios do just as well. This pesto can also be used to make a delicious pasta dish too.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Transfer in a bowl and keep aside.
- Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices on a plate and drizzle some olive oil over it. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, sprinkle some salt and spoon out the black olives pesto over the tomato and cheese slices and sprinkle some balsamic vinegar on top.
- Garnish with basil leaves and sprinkle a little salt.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.