Tomatoes Stuffed with Beans
Added to 188 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1721 times
Spruce up the protein content of your diet by innovatively adding beans as stuffings in the tomatoes in the Tomatoes stuffed with beans recipe. Enjoy this delicious, subtly spiced stuffed tomato recipe with any breads of choice.
Add your private note
Tomatoes Stuffed with Beans recipe - How to make Tomatoes Stuffed with Beans
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Soak beans overnight.
- Cook until tender.
- Saute onion in butter until cooked but not browned.
- Combine with drained beans, salt and white pepper.
- Lightly rub outside of stuffing tomatoes with olive oil.
- Place in a baking pan in a single layer.
- In each tomato put a thin layer of beans.
- Cover with a layer of chopped tomatoes.
- Brush with worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over tomato.
- Repeat layers until all stuffers are filled.
- Cover pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 5 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.