Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2479 times
Tomatoe Rice, a chawal preparation with rice cooked in tomato puree and spices. The sweet and tangy tomato flavor embodies the pulao and tastes excellent when served with any vegetable or meat gravy.
- Clean the rice and soak it for about 15 minutes.
- Drain it, add 4 cups of water,salt and cook on low flame till the rice is done.
- Set it aside.
- Cut the tomatoes, slit the green chillies.
- In a wok, heat the ghee, put the mustard seeds and when they start to splutter, add saunf and curry leaves.
- Then add tomatoes and green chillies.
- Cook till tomatoes are cooked well.
- Now add garam masala, turmeric powder and little salt.
- Mix with cooked rice thoroughly and serve with raita.
This recipe was contributed by Paarvathy on 12 Sep 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.