Tomato and Spinach Soup
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53587 times
A great tasting flavourful vegetable soup, tomato and spinach soup has chopped tomatoes and spinach puree as main ingredients. The tangy and yummy soup is an excellent winter soup laden with nutrients and fiber.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the bayleaf , garlic and peppercorns and saute till garlic turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the potatoes, onions, carrots. Leek and celery and mix well. Cook for 5 min.
- Add the tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are mashed.
- Add salt , pepper and the vegetable stock, mix well and bring the soup to boil. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and saute for few more minutes.
- Add the spinach puree, mix well and cook for 5-10 min.
- Add cream and mix well.
- In a soup bowl, pour both the soups simultaneously, pipe whipped cream on top and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Mithu1966 on 14 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.