Tomato and Red Wine Sauce ( Italian Cook Book)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10151 times
A taste enhancer which can be made in advance and can be stored in refrigerator for later use. This versatile sauce blends well with pastas, salads etc.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomato pulp and cook till the sauce thickens.
- Add the oregano and cream and mix well.
- Add the tomato purée, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add the red wine, mix well and keep aside. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.