Tomato and Potato Layered Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6984 times
A tangy tomato soup served with a creamy potato soup. Pour both the soups into the bowl simultaneously using 2 ladles. The soups should be of the same density so that they stay separated when served.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and cloves and sauté for few seconds.
- Add the celery and carrots and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the maida, mix well and sauté for a few more seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato pulp and 1 cup of water, mix well and bring to boil and simmer till the tomatoes are cooked, adding water if required.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Transfer in a deep pan, add the sugar, cream, salt and pepper and mix well and boil for more 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and bayleaf and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the leeks and garlic and sauté till the leek turns soft.
- Add the potatoes and 1 tsp of water, mix well and simmer for 10-12 minutes, adding more water of required.
- Remove from the flame, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer back in a deep pan, add the marjoram, cream, salt and pepper, mix well and bring to boil.
- Pour both the soups simultaneously in individual serving bowls to create 2 separate layers.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.