Tomato Tur Dal
by HEENA BHAGNARI
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22417 times
A lovely subtly spiced tomato tur dal recipe with the distinct taste of tomatoes blended with the thick tuar dal.
- Wash and boil the dal till soft. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilli, asafoetida, ginger and red chilli powder and saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and curry leaves and saute for 3-4 mts.
- Add the boiled dal and tamarind water, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with crriander.
This recipe was contributed by HEENA BHAGNARI on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.