Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1923 times
Tomato starter is a delightfully simple but an outstanding chutney recipe with tomatoes which can also be enjoyed as curry with steamed rice.. The ginger, onion and garlic are made into paste and then added to tomatoes along with chillies, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- First grind onions and ginger and garlic into paste .
- Take a pan ,add oil and mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.
- To this onion,gingergarlic paste should be added as well as tomatoes.
- Keep the lid on and wait for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add water to it and let it be boiled for 2 mins.
- Tomato stater is ready.
- This can be taken with idly as chutney,also in rice as stater.
This recipe was contributed by sunshine_beauty on 02 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.