Tomato Soup By setseeani
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2639 times
An easy, quick and tasty recipe to prepare the popular and all time favorite Tomato soup at tarladalal.com. Share and recommend you favorite soup recipe at tarladalal.com.
- Chop the tomatoes, removing the black stalk heads. peel and chop the carrot and potato.
- Put the tomatoes, carrots and potatoes to boil, partially covered, with 1 cup water and the salt.
- When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till the vegetables are completely cooked through.
- Remove from fire and when cool enough to handle, pass through a soup strainer or blend in a blender and then strain. add water to make up to 4 1/2 cups of liquid.
- Put on the fire and bring to a boil and simmer. add the sugar and the pepper. simmer for about 10 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, cut the bread into cubes and fry in hot oil, till brown and crisp.
- Serve garnished with the cream with croutons on the side.
This recipe was contributed by setseeani on 22 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.