by Tarla Dalal
Added to 242 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30861 times
A lovely soup from Maharashtra made from tomatoes and coconut with a delicate touch of spices.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces. Add 2 teacups of water and put to cook. When cooked, prepare a thick puree by passing through a sieve.
- Add 2 1/2 teacups of water to the grated coconut and blend in a liquidiser. Strain and take out thin coconut milk.
- Add the gram flour to the coconut milk and mix well.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds. Add the curry leaves and green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato puree, coconut milk mixture, jaggery and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.