Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7500 times
An authentic tomato sar or curry recipe which can be used as a soup or curry with steamed rice. Simply grind together the garlic, ginger, chillies and coconut and mix it with tomato puree. A hot and spicy tomato curry or saar recipe with typical south indian cuisine flavour.
- Heat the olive oil in a pressure cooker and add the garlic and ginger and fry till slight brown in colour.
- Add the onions and saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Add all the other ingredients and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by vindali on 10 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.