by Foodie #543780
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4486 times
Tomato Sambhar it is a mouth watering South Indian dish that tastes tangy and spicy serves best with crispy dosas.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the curry leaves, fennel seeds, green chillies and saute for few seconds.
- Add the onions and fry till they are translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and fry till water comes out and the tomatoes cooked well.
- Add the salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add the grounded paste and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till the raw smell fades away.
- Add desired water for sambhar consistency and let boil.
- When it boils well, remove from the flame add the coriander and cover the kadhai with the lid immediately.
- Leave it for 20 minutes so that the coriander flavour is completely enhanced in the sambhar.
- Mix well and serve hot with crispy dosa.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #543780 on 15 Oct 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.