Tomato Rice By nithyavaidya
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2668 times
Tomato Rice, a chawal preparation with tomato puree as the base. The sweet and tangy tomato flavor embodies the pulao and tastes excellent when served with any vegetable or meat gravy.
- Wash rice and keep separately.strain rice in strainer.
- Then grind coriander seeds,ginger, coconut,saunf,1/2 of choped onion in a mixie.
- Then in a pressure pan pour oil fry cardomon, cinnamon, bayleaf,g.chilli lateron put onion and garlic.
- Fry them till translucent. later on add choped tomatoes.
- When tomato shrinks add the grinded mixture and stir the mixture later on add salt and rice pour 2 cups of water and cover the lid of cooker.
- When whistle comes stop. this rice is transfered to a plate and can be garnished with coriander leaves.
- This goes good with onion and cucumber raithas.
- For raitha take thick curd.
- To curd add finely choped onion , cucumber add little salt.
This recipe was contributed by nithyavaidya on 17 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.