Tomato Rice By jayshreechintan
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1810 times
Do not over cook onions and tomatoes as the taste will not be good. they get smashed .
also you can add already cooked rice but fresh cooked rice tastes better.
- Heat a kadai with 4-5 tsps of oil.
- Add mustard and jeera and let them crackle.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the finely chopped onions and cook them till its pink.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chilli and cook till its half cooked.
- Add salt and red chilli powder according to taste also for the rice.
- Add 1 cup of the washed rice and and add the required amount to rice to cover with lid.
- When the rice get cooked put off the flame .
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by jayshreechintan on 13 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.