Tomato Rice By janhavid16
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2394 times
Tomato Rice is a red colored tangy and delicious rice preparation with fresh tomato puree as the base. The sweet and tangy tomato flavor embodies the rice and tastes excellent when served with any vegetable or meat gravy.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan.
- Put mustard seeds, when spluttered add hing, curry leaves and soaked rice.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add tomato puree, cumin powder, pepper powder,salt and mix well.
- Close lid and pressure cook. (make 1 or 2 whistles only).
- When done, garnish with coriander and serve hot with papad.
This recipe was contributed by janhavid16 on 02 Apr 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.