Tomato Rice By chpadma
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3557 times
Best when cooked in electric rice cooker, alternatively can be cooked using non-stick cookware too.
raitha and chips with tomato rice make a wonderful combination
- Soak rice for 15 minutes and drain it.
- Grind tomatoes into a fine puree (you can grind with skin).
- Heat oil + ghee in a pan.add cloves,dalchini and elachi to it.
- Once they are fried add slit onions and fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and garam masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour tomato puree.
- Add salt and cook on high flame for 2 mts
- After that simmer and cook till done.
- If you cook in an electric rice cooker you can also transfer the whole thing after step 7 into the rice cooker.
This recipe was contributed by chpadma on 19 Mar 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.