Tomato Rice By M.S.Prema
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3544 times
Onion raita goes well with this dish.
2 big onions
2 green chilies
1cup thick curds
salt a pinch
mustard seed 1/2 tsp
slice onion finely, add cut chillies, curds, salt, mix well & heat oil, add mustard seeds ,when it is done , add to the raita.
- Soak the rice in water for 15 minues.
- Wash & cut tomatoes into medium size pieces.
- Peel the onions & cut into pieces.
- Hear cooker, put 1tbsp oil,fry cashewnut pieces, broken red chillies &fry the onions for two to three minutes until transparent.
- Then add tomato pieces & fry for few more minutes.
- Add the rice, fry for few more minutes & add salt & 5 cups of water & pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- When it gets cooled , open the cooker & add ghee & serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by M.S.prema on 22 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.