Tomato Rice By Janiyer
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2638 times
Tomato Rice, a chawal preparation with tomato puree as the base. The sweet and tangy tomato flavor embodies the pulao and tastes excellent when served with any vegetable or meat gravy.
- Wash the rice well.
- Add 1.75 cups water, 1/4 tsp. oil, the turmeric and cook the rice (make sure it is fluffy and soft), spread on a platter and cool.
- Heat remaining oil along with the red chili, add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
- Add green chilies, ginger, garlic and onion and fry till onions are browned lightly.
- Add tomatoes and stir till tomatoes get soft and mushy.
- Add the powders, curry leaves and salt, stir to mix well.
- Add the rice and stir to mix evenly.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by janiyer on 30 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.