Tomato Rasam By mrspriyavijay
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3855 times
Similarly, rasams can be made without tomatoes.
another variety is to prepare rasam with lime juice, instead of
tamarind and tomatoes. in this variety, yellow Moong beans are cooked
and crushed ginger and green chilies are slit and added.
Add your private note
Tomato Rasam By mrspriyavijay recipe - How to make Tomato Rasam By mrspriyavijay
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Cook the yellow lentils until soft and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 or 6 pieces and boil it with the tamarind in 2 cups of water. remove from heat and set aside.
- When cool, mash the tomatoes and tamarind and squeeze out the full juice and strain.
- Add the salt, turmeric powder, rasam powder and the cooked yellow lentils to the strained tomato-tamarind juice and boil it.
- Heat a pan and pour clarified butter and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and when they crackle, add the asafoetida powder.
- When the mixture is light brown, pour everything into the rasam.
- Serve as a soup to drink or it can be mixed with cooked rice.
This recipe was contributed by mrspriyavijay on 23 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.