Tomato Rasam By Saraswathy
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3583 times
It is very good combination with rice. It is also good for the health as it contains jeera and pepper.
- Combine the toovar dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilli and black pepper in a bowl and soak in a water for 10 minutes.
- Grind the mixture using little water to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- In a bowl take 1/4 cup luke warm water and soak the tamarind for 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water to the tamarind and mash it nicely.
- Add the turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt to the tamarind water and mix well.
- Heat a pan add the tamarind mixture and boil it for 4 minutes on high flame.
- Add the tomatoes, toovar dal paste and sugar mix well and cook on medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water and simmer it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add the tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves mix well.
- Serve hot garnish with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by saraswathy on 02 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.