Tomato Pulao By Foodie #147665
by Foodie #147665
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3968 times
A delicious and rich rice preparation made with tomatoes and various herbs and spices.
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add ginger, garlic pastes. stir.
- Add chopped onions, green chilli, stir fry till light pink.
- Add all dry masalas, sugar, salt, stir.
- When the oil separates, add rice.
- Stir, add tomato puree, sauce, bring to a boil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water, stir gently.
- Bring to a boil, taste liquid to check salt, etc.
- Cover, simmer on low till almost cooked.
- Stir occasionally in between, adding more water if required.
- When about done, add spring onions, coriander.
- Stir gently, allow all water to evaporate.
- Serve hot with or without a gravy vegetable
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #147665 on 23 Jul 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.