Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5325 times
Tomato pithla is a tomato based vegetable dish prepared on traditional South Indian style of cooking. The tomatoes are cooked with spice powders till tender and then tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and roasted besan. Relish hot with steamed rice.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Temper mustard seeds.
- Add garlic and green chillies
- Add tomatoes turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Cook until tomatoes are very tender(consistency of tomato chatni)
- Add water
- Add besan and stir continuously to avoid lump formation.
- Keep it covered for 3-4 mins on low flame.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati/steamed rice
- Sugested accompaniments pickle and papad
This recipe was contributed by vaishali_roy on 20 Mar 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.