Tomato Pickle By mushu
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2994 times
A tangy ,spicy tomato pickle recipe, Tamatar achaaris a great accompaniment to rice or breads. Tomato and ginger combination in the achaar is excellent for digestion and for improving appetite. Tamatar achaar is a tasty and healthful choice.
- Heat oil, add asfoetida, cumin seeds,when brown add ginger pste.
- Roast.then add garlic paste. rost again. add fenugreek seeds.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for some time till the water evaporates.
- Now add green chillies (cut into big pieces),and the curry leaves and cook for
- Another 5 mins.
- Add salt and vinegar. stir well and take off fire.
- When cool add rai pdr , mix well and store in a air tight container.
- The pickle is ready to eat after a week.
This recipe was contributed by mushu on 29 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.