Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49708 times
the tempting Tomato omelette are prepared from a batter comprising of besan, maida and chopped onions and then spread like an omelette on a hot pan and relished with ketchup. Tomato omelet is the vegetarian answer to the egg based breakfast staple omelette.
- Grind (without water) tomatoes, green chillies, coriander leaves, and ginger into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Cut onions into small bits.
- Mix the cut onion bits and and mint leaves to bengal gram flour with salt as required. add water in small quantities to form a smooth paste.
- Mix the tomato paste and the bengal gram flour paste to form a thin batter.
- Make the batter into individual omlettes (circles) by tossing a ladleful of batter into a midly heated pan. oil may be used in small quantities, if required, for easy removal of omlettes from the pan.
- Omlettes should be left on the pan until the paste is fully cooked.
This recipe was contributed by susheelar on 17 Dec 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.