Tomato Nuvvula Chutney
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5263 times
Tomato nuvvula chutney is a delicious accompaniment to hot rice and is prepared from a mix of sesame seeds with red chillies, tomatoes, tamarind and garlic.
Add your private note
Tomato Nuvvula Chutney recipe - How to make Tomato Nuvvula Chutney
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
- Dry fry sesame seeds with red chillies until light brown and make a fine powder in mixer.
- In a pan with little oil cut tomatoes and put tamrind and fry them until all the water evaporates and is cooked.
- In another pan add all the seasoning with mustard seeds first in 2 tsps oil and keep aside.
- Mix the fine sesame powder and fried tomatoes and put in the blender along with salt until chutney is mixed well and depending upon the coarsness you require.
- Now put the seasoning and mix for a second or two until the seasoning appears in the chutney.
- The delicious chutney is ready to be served with hot rice.
This recipe was contributed by bsharmi on 04 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.