Tomato Delicacy with Chillies
by Savita Arora
This recipe has been viewed 2432 times
A rich delicious recipe full of lycopene and vitamins.
Add your private note
Tomato Delicacy with Chillies recipe - How to make Tomato Delicacy with Chillies
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash the tomatoes, Cut them in big pieces, pressure cook the tomatoes with 6 cups of water till they are soft and tender. Allow to cool.
- Blend it in a mixer and sieve the liquid through a strainer. Keep aside
- Wash ,peel and cut potatoes in equal big pieces, rub them with little salt and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the potatoes and fry for 6-7 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, add the ladies fingers and fry till they turn crisp. Keep aside.
- In remaining ghee, add the cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and red chillies and saute for 20 seconds.
- ADd the besan and saute till the besan lets out a nice aroma
- Add the sieved tomato liquid ,mix well, Stirring continuously, till the first boil
- Reduce the flame and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the green chillies,mint leaves,chilli powder and salt
- Add 1-2 cups of boiled water and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add fried potatoes and lady fingers, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve Hot with Rice.
This recipe was contributed by Savita Arora on 10 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.