Tomato Dal In Kerala Style
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7977 times
This goes very well with rice as well as chapathi.
- Combine the grated coconut, 3 red chillies and the cumin seeds together and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook the dal with 4 glass of water till soft and tender.
- Transfer in a deep pan and add the tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, green chillies and cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the prepared coconut paste, mix well and cook for another 5 minutes, adding more water, if necessary.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and 1 red chilli and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped baby onions and saute till golden brown.
- Add the above tempering into the dal and mix well.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by keralacook on 01 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.