Tomato Chutney By sgambhir
This recipe has been viewed 3228 times
Prepare the traditional Tomato chutney with chopped tomatoes, garlic, chillies, ginger and spice powders. Accompany the tangy and spicy tomato chutney with any meal or dish of choice.
- Use ripe, red tomatoes. blanch the tomatoes, i.e., steam them in a little water and peel them.
- Chop the onion and garlic, crush the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and ginger till golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, salt and chilies and cook to a thick consistency.
- Add garam masala powder and acetic acid and cook for another five minutes. (in case you have no acetic acid, you can add vinegar to taste).
- When cool, put the chutney into jars
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.