Tomato Chutney By rameshmalini
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2831 times
Experience the spicy and delectable taste of Tomato chutney by preparing this with chopped tomatoes, garlic, sugar, salt and chillies. A perfect blend of spicy, sweet and sour taste in the tomato chutney makes it a much sought after chutney recipe.
- Heat 1/2tsp oil in kadai and roast urad dal and chillies.
- Dry roast til and keep aside to cool.
- Wash and cut tomatoes into four .
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil again and add the tomato pieces.
- Add a little bit of salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Cover and let cook.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients ina mixer to a fine powder.
- Add the cooked tomatoes to the powder and grind to a fine paste.
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in kadai.
- Add mustard and hing.
- When mustard starts spluttering add the tomato paste,salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Keep stirring till the oil satrs leaving the paste.
- If required 2-3 tsp oil may be added.
- Serve with plain rice or idlis and dosas.
- Raw green tomatoes may also be used instead of ripe ones.
- Use green chillies instead of red ones with raw tomatoes
This recipe was contributed by rameshmalini on 25 Mar 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.