Tomato Chili Achaar
by sangita sinha
This recipe has been viewed 2506 times
Tomato Chili Achaar is a spicy tangy pickle of ripe red tomatoes with green chilies! Who ever likes spicy achaar will love this. This achaar's shelf life of six months.
- Combine the ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, mustard powder and half the vinegar and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Remove the stems from the chilies and cut them in two or three pieces depending on the length of the chillies.
- Heat the oil in large pan, add the fenugreek seeds and asafoetida.
- After 1 minute add the masala kept aside and stir continuously for 5 minutes.
- Add the balance half of the vinegar and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the green chilies and the curry leaves and keep stirring for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stir for 5 minutes.
- Let this simmer for 45 to 50 minutes stirring occasionally.
- The pickle is ready and can be served as soon as it is cooled.
This recipe was contributed by sangita sinha on 16 Nov 2011Love to cook and feed my family and friends!
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.