Tomato Cheese Tartlets with Almond Pesto
by Shreya Jaiswal
This recipe has been viewed 1734 times
Delightful tartlets with burst of flavours from the tomatoes, basil and cheese.
Add your private note
Tomato Cheese Tartlets with Almond Pesto recipe - How to make Tomato Cheese Tartlets with Almond Pesto
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 6 serving
- In a bowl, sift together flour, salt and mix in poppy seeds. Using your finger tips, rub the cold cubed butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine bread crumbs. Pour in the milk and mix with your hands until the mixture comes together and forms a dough. Wrap the dough in some aluminum fo
- Roll the dough and place into greased tartlet tins. Preheat the oven to 170*C and bake blind for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, place the tomatoes, olive oil, pepper and salt and cook on a medium flame until all the juices of the tomatoes have disappeared.
- In a food processor, place the basil leaves, cheese, salt and almonds with a little water and process until you get a mixture which is not very smooth. Place this mixture in a bowl, put in the olive oil and mix until well blended.
- Preheat your oven to 180*C. Place the Tomatoes carefully over it. Spoon the Basil Almond Pesto over the tomatoes. Put in the grated cheese and bake in the centre of the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes until the cheese completely melts over.
- Carefully unmould them and serve warm or at room temperature.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 19 Feb 2011Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.