Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7744 times
quite an interesting recipe, Tomato burfi is prepared with tomatoes which are cooked with water, sugar, cornflour, ghee and then mixed with Cashewnuts, roasted almonds and cardamom powder. Cut the tomato burfi into small diamond or square shapes and relish as dessert with an unique tangy taste.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces and blend them to a fine puree. sieve through a fine cloth and separate from the pulp.
- To the tomato puree, add 1 glass of water and corn flour. mix well and set aside.
- Mix sugar along with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil for few minutes.
- While boiling, add tomato mixture to the sugar syrup and mix well until the mixture thickens.
- Now, add ghee and stir for few minutes until it mixes well.
- Later, add cashew nuts, almonds, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Pour the mixture over a greased plate and set aside until it gets cooled.
- When cooled, cut into diamond shaped pieces.
This recipe was contributed by madhumathi123 on 06 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.