Tomato & pepper soup
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1221 times
Add your private note
Tomato & pepper soup recipe - How to make Tomato & pepper soup
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Fresh Tomato - 1 (big)
25 gms Tamarind
Chopped Curry Leaves - 1 Tsp
Chopped Corriander Leaves - 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/4 Tsp
Mustard seed - 1/4 Tsp
Pepper- as per taste salt to taste
Asafoetida- a pinch
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 Tsp
Sambar Powder - 1/2 Tsp
Ghee - 1/2 Tsp
- 1)soak tamarind in warm water to get its pulp
- 2) mix a bit of water to the pulp and add chopped tomatoes to it.
- 3) now add salt, turmeric power and sambar power to this and give a boil till the mixture is reduced to almost half.
- 4) now take another kadai and add ghee to it.add asafoetida, followed by mustard seed.
- 5) once the seed pops, add cumin seeds, curry leave and lots of pepper power to this.
- 6) add this tempering to the tamarind-tomato mixture.
- 7) decorate with corriander leaves and serve hot,
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#431791 on 04 Dec 2008
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.