Tofu and Walnuts Stuffed Mushroom
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3785 times
Here is an exotic tossed over recipe, the Tofu and walnuts stuffed mushroom to entice your guests on gatherings and parties. The mushrom buttons are stuffed with a filling made from crumbled tofu, spring onions and walnuts and then baked till crispy done.
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic in 2 tbsp oil, with a pinch of salt, until tender.
- Crumble tofu over onion and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook on low heat about 10 minutes or until mixture is fairly dry.
- Add walnuts, vinegar, tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle remaining 2 tbsp oil over mixture.
- Place mushrooms in a baking dish and fill each with about 1 tbsp stuffing, using a spoon and pressing firmly to pack.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove and top each hors d''oeuvre with a sprinkle of green onion.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was contributed by usmishra on 26 Sep 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.