Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3805 times
Simple, easy and healthful rice recipe with chopped tofu or soya paneer pieces cooked with potatoes and whole Indian spices. Tofu rice brings a healthy variation to the good old pulao or chawal recipe and is loaded with goodness of protein rich tofu.
- Cook basmati rice so well that all the geains are seperated .
- In a frying pan heat ghee and put the spice for vaghar.
- Add onions and fry till gilden brown.
- Add ginger,galic paste and fry for 1/2 min.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 1/2 min. untill softens.
- Add tofu and fry for2/3 min.
- Add garam masala.
- Fry untill ghee comes out.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with plain yogert or have with out any thing.
This recipe was contributed by upatel on 06 Feb 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.