Toasted Stuffed Chapatis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27694 times
Give the everyday chapatti a kid-friendly makeover! Prepare these chapattis in advance and toast them just before serving to put together a snack that kids will love. Cut each chapatti into small pieces, so it fits easily into the eager little mouths!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the moong, potatoes, paneer, coriander, chilli powder and salt. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a chapati on a flat dry surface, spread one portion of the stuffing evenly on the chapati and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese over it.
- Cover with another chapati and press it lightly.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil. Cook the stuffed chapatis using 1 tsp of oil till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining chapatis and stuffing to make 1 more stuffed chapati.
- Cut each stuffed chapati into half and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.