Toasted Methi Rotis
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13556 times
These crisp toasted rotis combine the goodness of whole wheat flour, gram flour and fenugreek leaves. They have a high nutritional value and besides being absolutely delicious, they are virtually fat free, being cooked without using any oil. Pre-cook these rotis on a tava (griddle) and then finish them in a toaster till they are crisp and brown. They are ideal to serve at a party as they can be quickly toasted for a large group of people. Serve them along with spicy mango pickle or with sweet and sour mango pickle.
- Combine all the ingredients and add enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Cook each roti lightly on a hot tava (griddle) on both sides.
- When you want to serve the rotis, put each roti in a toaster until the roti is golden brown and crisp (approx. 2 minutes).
- Apply butter on the hot rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.