Toasted Methi Rotis ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11010 times
With a toaster at hand, why toil in the kitchen making rotis till the last minute? you can now toast and serve hot and crispy rotis on the dining table itself, and oil-free too!
- Combine all the ingredients and add enough water to make a stiff dough. Knead well.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (5") diameter circle using whole wheat flour for dusting.
- Cook each roti lightly on a hot tava (griddle) on both sides using a little oil while cooking.
- When you want to serve the rotis, put each roti in a toaster until it is golden brown and crisp (approx. 2 minutes).
- Apply ghee on the hot rotis.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||246.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||5.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.