Toasted Methi Roti ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12651 times
Toasted methi roti, a wholesome combination of wheat flour, gram flour and fenugreek leaves, these rotis are pre-cooked on a tava and then finished in a toaster till they are crisp and brown. Serve along with spicy mango pickle or with sweet and sour mango pickle.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and add knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead well and keep covered under a moist muslin cloth for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle.
- Cook each roti lightly on a hot tava (griddle) on both sides.
- When you want to serve the rotis, put each roti in a toaster and toast till the roti is golden brown and crisp from both the sides (approx. 2 minutes). Serve immediately topped with butter.
- You can alternately toast the roti for a longer duration on a tava if toaster is not available.
Nutrient values per roti
|Vitamin A||146.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.