Toasted Eggplant and Zucchini Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10543 times
Eggplant and zucchini go well together, whether in salads, curries or sandwiches. The toasted eggplant and zucchini sandwich makes use of the winning combo, enhanced with capsicum, garlic and mixed herbs. Use whole wheat bread for this sandwich as it goes well with the filling.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle), add the eggplant, capsicum, zucchini and sauté on a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, mixed herbs and salt and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, divide into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and apply a little mustard paste on both the bread slices.
- Put 1 portion of the prepared stuffing on it and cover with another bread slice with the mustard side facing downwards.
- Apply butter on both the sides and cook on a non-stick tava (griddle) for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sandwich is brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Cut into triangles and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||72.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.