Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10661 times
A famous dip from the Middle East, Hummus features an amazing combo of chickpeas, garlic and curds.
It has a nice texture, a bit of tang and a pungent taste, which are enhanced further in this recipe, by adding crunchy veggies, cheese, and a dash of herbs and spices.
This multi-textured and super-tasty mix of hummus and veggies makes a great spread for bread toast. The crispness of the toast complements the rich texture of this spread, making it a real treat to the palate.
Toasted Hummus Sandwich with Vegetables is indeed a very unusual treat, which you will enjoy to the core!
You can also have a go at other hummus based recipes like Parsley Hummus and Spinach Spinach Hummus with Cucumber Sticks .
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli, basil, oregano, chilli flakes, cheese and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Switch off the flame, cool the mixture slightly, add the prepared hummus and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 toasted bread slices on a clean, dry surface, spread a little butter on each slice. Put a portion of the filling on a buttered bread slice and cover it using another buttered bread side facing downwards and press lightly.
- Repeat step 6 to make 5 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.