Tiranga Pulao By vsucharitha
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11506 times
Orange raita will go better with this rice.
- divide the rice into 2/3 and 1/3, i.e. 2 cups separately and 1 cup separately.
- wash the rice thoroughly and soak in water for 30 mins.
- In a pan, add 1 tbsp. ghee, cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- strain the 2/3 rice and add and fry for 2 mins.
- Add double the amount of water, stir, cover and cook till 3/4th done and pick up with fork to separate the grains.
- Separate the remaining ghee into 3 parts.
- Heat one part of a ghee in a pan, add chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- add the grated paneer, salt and white pepper and saute for few minutes.
- add half of the cooked rice and mix well.
- grind together coriander leaves, coconut, green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- heat the next part of ghee, add jeera and the ground paste and saute for a while.
- next add green peas, salt and 1 tbsp. of water, saute and cover and cook till the green peas is cooked.
- add remaining part of cooked rice and mix well.
- heat the remaining ghee, add the grated carrot and saute till cooked.
- Add the 1/3rd soaked rice and fry for a while.
- Add the orange juice, 1 cup water, salt and a few drops of orange colour and cook the rice covered till done.
- fork to separate the grains.
- take a heavy bottomed pan and grease it with ghee.
- first spread the orange rice fully in the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese.
- Next spread the white rice.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over it.
- At last add the green rice and cover.
- keep the heat on low and cook for another 10 mins.
- After a few mins. invert the rice on the serving dish.
- Enjoy it with raita and papad.
This recipe was contributed by vsucharitha on 09 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.