Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9170 times
A perfect tri-coloured paratha. . . With a blend of flavours of dals, veggies and spices!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 9 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder and anardana powder, mix well and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the moong dal, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside to cool.
- Combine the peas with salt and coriander in another bowl, mix well, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots with salt in a separate bowl, mix well, divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a circle of 4” diameter.
- Spread a little oil on one circle and spread the moong dal mixture evenly on top.
- Place another circle on top and spread the green peas mixture evenly on top.
- Place the 3rd circle on top of green peas and spread the carrots mixture evenly on top.
- Seal the edges gently and roll out again into a circle of 6” diameter, using little whole wheat flour.
- Repeat the same to make 2 more parathas.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot with chutney or tea.
This recipe was contributed by chanchal_04 on 30 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.