Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4870 times
Tiranga chawal is a lip-smacking tri colored (tiranga)rice recipe, popular in Northern India, especially Kashmir. Learn how to make/prepare Tiranga chawal by following this easy recipe.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add garlic, onions and capsicum and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, peel and blend in a blender along with the ajwain. pass it through the sieve to obtain the puree.
- Add this puree to the sautéed onions along with the boiled vegetables, tomato ketchup, chilli powder, sugar and salt.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes and keep aside.
- Wash the spinach leaves thoroughly with water and roughly chop them.
- Put the spinach leaves in boiling water for about 5-7 minutes, drain and blend in a blender
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the maida and stir continuously, then add the milk slowly, stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed.
- 4.add the spinach along with the chilli sauce and salt and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds along with the bay leaves, cinnamon, cardamom and clove.
- Add the boiled rice and salt.
- Take a baking dish and spread the spinach layer in it
- Then add the rice and after it the red layer.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and bake in an oven for 10 minutes at 160°c and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by cinderella_4u2k on 20 Nov 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.