Tiramisu ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 314 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80595 times
Italian cooking is never complete without a mention of this famed dessert. Tira-mi-su, which means ‘lift me up’, was so named because its ingredients — cream, cheese, espresso and wine, are all mood boosters! the traditional recipe uses a rich, soft cheese called mascarpone; and an amber-coloured sicilian wine called marsala. I have used cream cheese and port wine as local substitutes.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Cut the top layer of the sponge cake into 12 mm. X 50 mm. (½” x 2”) long fingers.
- Arrange the cake fingers on a baking tray and toast them in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the whipped cream and icing sugar in a bowl and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Combine the rum and sugar in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame till the sugar dissolves. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
- Add the cream cheese to it and mix well.
- Add the beaten whipped cream mixture and fold gently. Keep aside.
- Place the lower layer of the cake round on a 175 mm. (7”) diameter loose bottom cake tin and sprinkle half the coffee soaking syrup evenly on top of the cake.
- Top with half of the cream cheese-whipped cream mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes or till set.
- Dip the toasted cake fingers in the remaining coffee soaking syrup for a minute.
- Arrange the soaked cake fingers over the set layer of the cream cheese and top with the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or till the tiramisu sets.
- Demould the tiramisu on a serving plate and sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
- Cut into equal pieces or any fancy shape using moulds of your choice and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.