Tiramisu ( 7 Dinner Menus)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17572 times
An italian classic! sponge cake fingers soaked in coffee syryp and topped with a sinfully delicious cream cheese and wine mixture and served frozen with a sprinkling of coffee powder on top. Don’t be surprised if your guests ask for the dessert first this time!
- Put the milk to boil in a thick-bottomed pan.
- When it comes to a boil, remove from the flame and keep aside for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, dissolve the citric acid crystals in ¼ cup of warm water.
- Pour this mixture into the hot milk and allow to stand for about 5 minutes till the milk curdles on its own. Stir gently if required.
- Strain this mixture using a muslin cloth. Do not squeeze out all the water.
- Blend the hot drained milk solids in a food processor till smooth and creamy. Keep aside.
- Cut a thin round of the sponge cake. Keep aside.
- Cut the remaining sponge cake into 12 mm. X 50 mm. (½" x 2") long fingers.
- Arrange the cake fingers on a baking tray and toast in a pre-heated oven at 160°c (320°f) for 20 minutes or till crisp. Allow them to cool.
- In a pan, heat the marsala wine with 5 tablespoon sugar over gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Keep refrigerated.
- Whisk the cream cheese and wine mixture together. Gently fold in the whipped cream. Keep aside.
- Arrange the cake round on the base of a 200 mm. (8") diameter serving dish. Soak generously with the coffee soaking syrup.
- Top with half of the cream cheese-wine mixture. Freeze for 30 minutes until it has set.
- Dip each piece of toasted cake finger in the coffee soaking syrup for 10 seconds.
- Arrange the soaked cake fingers over the first layer of cream cheese. Top with the remaining cream cheese-wine mixture. Freeze for 4 to 6 hours until set.
- Sprinkle the cocoa powder on top. Cut into squares and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.