Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4525 times
Tippi paratha exhibits a novel way of adding nuts and vegetables in to the traditional paratha recipe. The maida or refined wheat flour is kneaded with peanut powder, grated paneer, chopped onions, chillies, jeera and cashewnuts. This healthy dough is then rolled into paranthas and cooked till soft and delicious.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions and sugar, mix well and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame, cool completely and add the remaining ingredients, mix well and knead into a soft dough, adding 2 cups of water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into a circle of 6" diameter, using the flour for rolling.
- Heat a tava and cook each paratha, using little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by lakshmimurli on 30 Jun 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.