by BETHICA DAS
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84716 times
Tindora or tendli is very popular in the south, especially andhra. I prepared this dish with a tempering of mustard, curry leaves and asafoetida and finished off with a combination of masalas like coriander and cummin seeds, dry red chillies and sesame seeds. Lemon juice is added instead of tamarind for that tangy taste. Perfect as a side dish or with chapattis.
- Pressure cook the tendli pieces for 4 whistles. Do not add any water to it. Only add little water in the cooker.
- Dry roast the coriander seeds, cummin seeds, sesame seeds and red chillies for few seconds and then grind into a powder. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. After it stops spluttering add the onion and garlic and saute till light brown.
- Now add the boiled tindora, salt and turmeric powder and fry for 5 minutes, covered.
- Add the powdered masala and mix well. Continue to fry uncovered for a further 3 minutes.
- When done, add the lemon juice, mix well and serve.
This recipe was contributed by BETHICA DAS on 16 May 2013HI, I AM BETHICA DAS, LIVING IN SHARJAH WITH MY HUSBAND, PIJUSH DAS, WHO IS A SENIOR LECTURER AT A B...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.