Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9166 times
Tinda bhurta imparts a typical Indian style of rich cooking with tindas or small gourds. The roasted tindas are stir fried with onion-tomato paste,khoya and peas. A rich and spicy tinda vegetable dish which goes well with roti or Paratha.
- Lightly roast the tindas on a low fire till you can feel the spots on them..then put them in cold water, peel and mash coarsely.
- Lightly brown the khoya in a dry pan.
- Make a paste of the onion.
- Heat the ghee and fry the onion paste and ginger to a golden brown colour.
- Put the tomatoes, spices and salt and cook till the ghee comes to the top.
- Add the peas and 1 cup of water.
- Cook over a low flame till the peas are almost cooked.
- Add the tindas and continue cooking till the peas are fully cooked.
- After this add the khoya and keep on stirring until it blends well with the gravy.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 07 Jul 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.